This site is dedicated to exposing absurdity hiding in such obvious places that nobody seems to notice! It is perhaps a little bit of Jay Leno's "Headlines" mixed with Andy Rooney, Don Novello, Consumer Reports' "Selling It," etc., etc., but mostly just my bizarre sense of perception...?
These are all my own photographs* taken in public places mostly in the Boston area. They are 100% real and not digitally manipulated. I've been capturing images like this for many years, to document things that strike me as odd or bizarre, or just plain stupid.
I guess it was inevitable that the "web" finally became my venue for arranging and displaying them, along with my personal opinions. And now, with the aid of a digital camera, I'm able to immortalize endless instances of absurdness.
Please feel free to e-mail me with comments or even your own original, real observations in photographic form (I might just add them here!).
-- Erik Wegweiser, Curator
YES... THIS SITE IS Y2K+ COMPLIANT!
Ready? Let's go...
- [Ergonomic Absurdity] Life's "User Interface" sucks!.... Updated 2005-04-09
- [Advertising Absurdity] Billboards, Shop Windows.... Updated2005-04-09
- [Shopping for Absurdity] Products, Labels, SALE!!!.... Updated 2005-04-09
- [Absurd Signs Everywhere!] Confusing, Misleading, Infuriating.... Updated 2005-04-09
- [MBTA Absurdity] The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority gets its own section! Updated 2005-04-09
- [Madness in the Streets!] Boston (say no more!) and elsewhere. Updated 2005-05-01
- [Something Absurd in the Air] You just can't get away from it. Updated 2002-09-07
- [General Absurdities] Miscellaneous. Updated 2003-06-08
- [Visitors' Contributions!!!]* Thank You! Updated 2003-06-08
- Articles by me: "Hello... Is anybody Home?" Updated 1999-01-21
- "...it would be like an automobile company designing a car that's two lanes wide and claiming that they don't design the roads, so you shouldn't complain when you have problems with oncoming traffic."